Poetry May 2020



Time will take you from me
by: Kathy Sullens


I grew with your heartbeat, inside and out
"My world" is not big enough to describe you, Love
I still hear your cry as it synced up with mine
Now my heart walks outside of my body

Old souls meet again, different from before
I saw you standing in rhythm that danced with my dreams
A lifetime we were given once more
I'll hold you forever in the depths of my being 

You were a wish long before we crossed paths
Our journey already written deep in your eyes
Patience is the virtue that leads you to peace
I'll swim with you on the waves of time

Time has brought us here.
Time will take you from me






Godspeed

Andariel
Maiden of Anguish
2020

How doth a heart shatter into pieces numbered in the millions?
And how doth it grow again?
This conundrum of love.
The irony.
Must it surely cause such pain?
And what is happiness?
Roses and fields of lavenders?
Stones thrown at glass bottles in the rain?
Breaking down the walls of loneliness,
Just to build them up... again?
My darling...my soul...seeking questions to answers I already know!
Wrest me from these darkest of places!
Hide from me the horrible faces!
The lies falling from lips dripping with blood,
Thine enemies and loyals drowning in its floods,
Of iniquitous synchronicity!
Of words meaning naught but to empty me!
Where art thou, my black knight, to save me?
Rush from Netherland's badlands to crave me!
Doth my heart bleed your tears for naught?
Doth mine eyes cry for only what I've saught?
Simply a pawn in seduction's battle?
No more than a simpleton's mindless prattle?
A maid servant just to thine hand!
I beg of thee that I should understand!
Where is thy gentle hand to caress my skin?
Where hast thou gone and when willst thee return again?
Shall I impale my heart severely now upon this blade?
Willst thee be my knight?
Or willst thee be my knave?
Make haste, my love! 
Godspeed my King
And bring the favour that I gave!


All artwork in this post was provided by Gretchen Coleman. Please click here to find more of her beautiful work. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More to Come...

How Our Ancestors Did It : by Lady Alia